Aging & Cancer
November 11-13, 2017
Abstract deadline: September 22, 2017
Saijuan Chen, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
Zhu Chen, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
Samuel Waxman, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, USA
We are pleased to announce the Cold Spring Harbor Asia conference on Aging & Cancer which will be held in Suzhou, China, located approximately 60 miles west of Shanghai. The conference will begin at 7:00pm on the evening of Saturday Nov. 11, and will conclude after Dinner on Nov. 13, 2017.
The conference will include four oral sessions and one poster session covering the latest findings across many topics in cancer & hematology. Many talks will be selected from the openly submitted abstracts on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Social events throughout the conference provide ample opportunity for informal interactions.
1. Molecular mechanisms of aging-associated decline in stem cell function and their relevance to cancer.
2. Aging-associated DNA damage response pathways and genomic instability in cancer.
3. Epigenetic mechanism in aging and cancer.
4. Contributions of the microenvironment in aging-associated tumor formation.
5. Human premature aging disorders as model systems of aging-associated cancer formation.
6. Cancer intervention based on aging mechanisms.
Zhu Chen, Shanghai Institute of Hematology, CHINA
Abstract title: Aging and Cancer: Prevention and Treatment of Cancer in Aged Population
Jian-Jun Chen, University of Cincinnati, USA
Abstract title: TET Protein-Mediated DNA Epigenetics in Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Function, Mechanism and Therapeutics
Hugues de Thé, Collège de France, FRANCE
Abstract title: PML is a ROS sensor activating p53 upon oxidative stress
Ronald DePinho, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
Abstract title: Telomeres in Cancer, Aging, and Degenerative Disease
James DeGregori, University of Colorado, USA
Abstract title: Context-dependent oncogenic adaptation in the genesis of lung cancer in old age
Cynthia Dunbar, National Heart, Lung, & Blood Institute, NIH, USA
Eric Gilson, University of Nice, FRANCE
Abstract title: The telomeric protein TRF2 induces cancer immunosuppression via modification of the glycocalyx
Samir Hanash, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
Abstract title: Biomarker based personalized risk assessment and early detection of common cancers associated with aging
Leroy Hood, Institute for Systems Biology, USA
Abstract title: Systems medicine, big data and scientific wellness are transforming healthcare
Anne Janin, Université Paris Diderot, FRANCE
Abstract title: Cancer stem-cells and tumor heterogeneity
Zhenyu Ju, Jinan University, CHINA
Abstract title: Mitochondrial fitness regulates telomere dysfunction-driven cardiac aging and lifespan
Saadi Khochbin, Alpes University Institute for Advanced Biosciences, FRANCE
Abstract title: Cell Identity Loss in Cancer: a Source of New Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets
Jonathan Licht, University of Florida Health Cancer Center, USA
Abstract title: NSD2 and Blood Malignancies of the Young and Old
Guanghui Liu, Institute of Biophysics, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title: Using stem cell and gene editing techniques to study and treat aging-associated disorders
Pier-Paolo Pandolfi, Harvard Medical School, USA
Abstract title: The Non-Coding RNA Revolution in Cancer Pathogenesis and Therapy
Robert Roeder, The Rockefeller University, USA
Abstract title: Mechanistic studies of Transcriptional Regulation in Leukemia and Lymphoma
Eric So, King's College London, UK
Abstract title: Origins of human MLL leukemia and their impacts on treatment responses
Zhou Songyang, Sun Yat-sen University, CHINA
Abstract title: Regulation of telomerase activity in human cells
Samuel Waxman, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, USA
Abstract title: Novel adjuvant therapy for triple negative breast cancer by targeting the chromatin modulator Sin3 interaction with PF1/MRG15/KDM5B complex
Yue Xiong, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Abstract title: Transcriptional regulation of p16INK4A
Hua Yu, City of Hope, USA
Abstract title: Novel antibody-based therapies for cancers including aging-related cancers
Arthur Zelent, University of Miami Health System, USA
We encourage abstracts to contain new and unpublished materials. The abstracts must be submitted electronically by the abstract deadline. Selection of material for oral and poster presentation will be made by the organizers. Status (talk/poster) of abstracts will be posted on this web site as soon as decisions have been made by the organizers.
We are eager to have as many young people as possible attend since they are likely to benefit most from this meeting. A certain number of presentations by graduate students and postdocs attending the conference will be selected for fellowship (USD $100-$500) awards. For more details, please visit Stipends
We look forward to seeing you at Suzhou in November, 2017.
October 9, 2017
Please kindly note:
1. Registration includes food, but does NOT include Housing. Due to requests from participants to provide more housing at lower prices, we have expanded our housing options to include some lower priced nearby hotels. After completing the online registration, you will receive a link to the full list of housing options.
*Reference Room Rate:
CNY 500 per standard room per night in the Conference Hotel (Worldhotel Grand Dushulake Suzhou)
Up from CNY 200 per standard room per night in nearby budget hotels (within 5 km)
CNY 400-700 per standard room per night in nearby 4-5 star hotels
2. The meeting registration is an integral package. We encourage all our participants to stay for the full meeting period and communicate with each other. No refund/discount or day pass is available for partial participation.
3. The early price will be available if the full payment is finished before the exact due date.
For USD participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if we could not successfully charge the payment from your registered credit card before the deadline.
For CNY participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if our bank account could not receive your full payment by wire transfer before the deadline.
4. For late registrations, your registration materials may not be guaranteed since the order is usually made in advance.
5. Please inform us your special request on food (vegetarian, kosher…etc.) or other things during the online registration or email us as early as possible so that we could make relevant arrangement accordingly.
6. Student package is exclusively designed for all the graduate, undergraduate and doctor students who have not received the doctor degree. (Student ID will be required upon arrival).