Microbiota, Metagenomics & Health
September 4-8, 2017
Abstract deadline: July 14, 2017
Eran Elinav, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Andrew Goodman, Yale University, USA
Kenya Honda, Keio University, Japan
Zhihua Liu, Institute of Biophysics, CAS, China
Andrew Macpherson, University of Bern, Switzerland
We are pleased to announce the Cold Spring Harbor Asia conference on Microbiota, Metagenomics & Health which will be held in Suzhou, China, located approximately 60 miles west of Shanghai. The conference will begin at 7:00pm on the evening of Monday September 4, and will conclude after lunch on September 8, 2017.
The conference will include eight oral sessions and one poster session covering the latest findings across many topics in microbiota & human health. Many talks will be selected from the openly submitted abstracts on the basis of scientific merit and relevance. Social events throughout the conference provide ample opportunity for informal interactions.
1. Microbiome & immune conditions
2. Microbiota & mucosal immunity
3. Molecular mechanisms ofhost & microbe cross-talks
4. Microbiota & metabolisms
5. Metagenomics & genetics
6. New method developments in microbiota & microbiome
7. Human microbiome, health & disease
Thaddeus Stappenbeck, Washington University, USA
Abstract title: Microbial metabolites that modify intestinal wound repair
Kenneth Cadwell, New York University, USA
Abstract title: Transkingdom interactions in the gut
Jose Clemente, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, USA
Dusko Ehrlich, INRA Centre of Jouy-en-Josas, FRANCE
Eran Elinav, Weizmann Institute of Science, ISRAEL
Abstract title: Host Microbiome Interactions in Health and Disease
Andrew Goodman, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Abstract title: Tuning the microbiota
Kenya Honda, Keio University / RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences, JAPAN
Abstract title: Activation of CD8 T cells by the gut microbiota
Xiaoyu Hu, Tsinghua University, CHINA
Abstract title: Epithelial Hes1 maintains gut homeostasis by preventing microbial dysbiosis
Ivaylo Ivanov, Columbia University, USA
Abstract title: Structural and functional characterization of host-microbiota interactions
Luke Jostins, University of Oxford, UNITED KINGDOM
Abstract title: The role of genetics and host-microbe interactions in inflammatory bowel disease
Jun Kunisawa, National Institutes of Biomedical Innovation, Health & Nutrition, JAPAN
Abstract title: Crosstalk between diets and commensal bacteria for the creation of immunologic environment in the gut
Zhihua Liu, Institute of Biophysics, CAS, CHINA
Abstract title: Intestinal lysozyme releases Nod1 ligands to direct insulin trafficking in beta cells
Randy Longman, Weill Cornell Medical College, USA
Abstract title: Microbial regulation of mucosal and extra-intestinal immunity in inflammatory bowel disease
Andrew Macpherson, University Hospital of Bern, SWITZERLAND
Abstract title: The impact of the maternal microbiota on the early-life immune system of her offspring
Jorge Henao-Mejia, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, USA
Yifat Merbl, Weizmann Institute of Science, ISRAEL
Abstract title: GARDing the Golgi apparatus via Golgi quality control
Gabriel Nunez, University of Michigan Medical School, USA
Abstract title: Control of pathogen colonization by host Immunity and the microbiota in the gut
Sven Pettersson, Karolinska Institutet, SWDEN
Abstract title: Gut microbe dynamics, responding to diet and exercise, supporting organ function in an age dependent manner
Yan Shi, Tsinghua University, CHINA
Abstract title: Gut fungal metabolites in control of peripheral lymphoid system
Kiyoshi Takeda, Osaka University, JAPAN
Abstract title: Mechanism for separation of microbiota and the host in the colon
David Underhill, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center , USA
Abstract title: Host Recognition of Commensal Fungi in Health and Disease
Chuan Wu, The National Institutes of Health, USA
Abstract title: Foxo1 regulates commensalism via modulating goblet cell mucus secretion
Xuan Zhang, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, CHINA
We encourage abstracts to contain new and unpublished materials. The abstracts must be submitted electronically by the abstract deadline. Selection of material for oral and poster presentation will be made by the organizers. Status (fellow's talk/poster) of abstracts will be posted on our web site as soon as decisions have been made by the organizers.
We are eager to have as many young people as possible attend since they are likely to benefit most from this meeting. A certain number of presentations by graduate students and postdocs in this conference will be selected as fellowship (USD $100-$500) awards. For more details, please visit Stipends
We look forward to seeing you at Suzhou in September, 2017.
Please kindly note:
1. Registration includes food, but does NOT include Housing. Due to requests from participants to provide more housing at lower prices, we have expanded our housing options to include some lower priced nearby hotels. After completing the online registration, you will receive a link to the full list of housing options.
*Reference Room Rate:
CNY 500 per standard room per night in the Conference Hotel (Worldhotel Grand Dushulake Suzhou)
Up from CNY 200 per standard room per night in nearby budget hotels (within 5 km)
CNY 400-700 per standard room per night in nearby 4-5 star hotels
2. The meeting registration is an integral package. We encourage all our participants to stay for the full meeting period and communicate with each other. No refund/discount or day pass is available for partial participation.
3. The early price will be available if the full payment is finished before the exact due date.
For USD participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if we could not successfully charge the payment from your registered credit card before the deadline.
For CNY participants, we will automatically change your package price to the update one if our bank account could not receive your full payment by wire transfer before the deadline.
4. For late registrations, your registration materials may not be guaranteed since the order is usually made in advance.
5. Please inform us your special request on food (vegetarian, kosher…etc.) or other things during the online registration or email us as early as possible so that we could make relevant arrangement accordingly.
6. Student package is exclusively designed for all the graduate, undergraduate and doctor students who have not received the doctor degree. (Student ID will be required upon arrival).